Monday, April 7, 2014

Decorative Easter Eggs

Hi everyone, Fiona here with a special video tutorial just for Easter. I picked up some craft eggs from my local Lincraft store the other day. I purchased a pack of polystyrene eggs and a couple of packets of paper eggs. I wanted to share with you my video tutorial on how I decorated them.


To make these eggs you'll just need a few things, most of which you've probably already got in your stash. Along with some additional bits such as;

Spiral flower die (something similar to one of these)

A flower punch (any size)
Washi Tape
PVA glue
Patterned serviette
Crackle paint or (acrylic paint and a crackle medium)
Gesso
and some
Patterned paper

These decorated eggs make a beautiful table centre piece or would even make a great gift for someone who either prefers not to have or can't have chocolate.

Washi Tape
Serviette

Spiral Flower Die
Flower punch

Four different styles of egg decorations that range from really easy to slightly more difficult are demonstrated on the video with basic instructions. 




I really enjoyed making these eggs and I'll be taking them with me camping at Easter time to adorn my camp table. I hope that what ever you and your family and friends choose to do this Easter, that it is a fun filled and safe time for you all.


Until next time 

Cheers

Fiona xx






3 comments :

  1. Gorgeous eggs, wonderful presents for those who are craft lovers. You are so creative I especially love the use of the washi tape and serviette can't wait to do some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial Fiona would be good to make with the kids

    ReplyDelete