Sunday, August 10, 2014

travel story-telling kit - SOUND FUN ?????

Hi, Carol here. 
 Today I'm going to share a very easy and fun project. Its a 'travel story-telling kit" for young kids. For parents with young kids, I'm sure that there are many times that your young ones grew impatient on the car ride, especially a one distance one. So I thought of making this kit to entertain and occupy them for abit.
"Critters Drama Box"


I made this box with Sizzix box die. Using Simple Stories paper to create the "stage" look. 

These are the characters of the "story". I used Lawn Fawn stamps to stamp out the image n used Inktense watercolor pencils to color them. Then I used foam tape and layered them before gluing them onto folded acrylic sheets and trim them to size. In this way, the characters can stand and are more stable.
  

Here's the side view.


Using strong magnets, I glued them to the back of the box.


 I made different backgrounds with My Little Shoebox papers and chipboard. Then I glued magnet pieces at the bottom. This is so that I can keep changing the backgrounds without holding them or gluing them down.


Here's the side view of the stage with the background.


You can also dress up the stage according to your preference. I just added lace unto the sides of box to act as skirting for the stage. As its a "travel kit", I do not want to add bulk to it. You can also pre-write some storyline and print on cardstocks to store together in the box. Or you can get the kids to come up with their own story and act it out with the images.

I love using acrylic sheets to make stamped images stand as its transparent and its strong enough to hold them up. You can also use acrylic sheets for making into a name plate, place-card etc.

Here, I made 2 place-cards with the stamped images.You can add names etc on the side too.

That's all for today. Thanks for visiting us. Hope you enjoy today's easy tutorial. And do join in our month long challenge. Have a great day!
 

Thank you Carol, 
a fantastic project for the kids, grand kids, nieces, nephews or birthday party gifts.

4 comments :

  1. That is just tooo stinkin' cute and fun! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inventive Carol. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, love the idea. Children would have a fantastic time making stories with this great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo clever & the little images cuteness personified...what a GREAT way for kids to use their imagination, too....love it!!!

    ReplyDelete