Sunday, September 21, 2014

Your going to LOVE our Lizzy

Hullo fellow scrappers! Lizzy with you today with some more inspiration for our 
CURRENT CHALLENGE


 Isn't it delicious? I created this page, based on the feathers & that gorgeous color palette


I thought you might be interested in how I created some of my background ~ including MISTAKES...........so here we go!!!


STEP 1: Using a mask, CLEAR heat emboss some of the background 



 Step 2: Using your colour choice of ink [NOT archival - either Distress, or Stampin' Up - that sort!], rub over the masked area - I used a bit of cut up sponge: 


Step 3: Once you've worked in the colour to your satisfaction, use a wet wipe to remove the colour from where you have clear embossed: 

  
This reveals the background cardstock colour nicely!


  Strangely [for me] I felt compelled to write in my journaling at this stage....before anything else. Weird. Oh well......then I thought I'd add some stamped globe images. They turned out.....


 ...TOTALLY YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agggggghhhhhhh.......what to do? I didn't want to gesso all over my nice masked areas....sooooo.....I masked over the stamping with some Dimensional paint using a different mask!


  And actually liked it even better!!! PHEW:) Here's some closies of the finished page:


And this:



 Lovely gold embossed REAL feather alongside a chippy one!


You can see the texture here - I've used a spray mist as well:) 
Finally:

Soooo...have you joined in with our challenge yet? Hope this gets you scrapping!

Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

Like I said your going to LOVE our Lizzy

8 comments :

  1. Your Lizzy???? She is our Lizzy too! Hehe! And I already love her! Fabulous layout Lizzy and I have done some major boo boos with stamping too! Masking over them works so well! And love the feathers too. And this challenge is on my list to do!,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pleasure to see how Lizzy creates all that wonderful detail she constantly delights me with

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out FABulous Lizzy and I really enjoyed seeing how you got there, genius creative cover-up, love the layered feathers and the idea of embossing the real one, brilliant! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good cover up, looks great ! and I love how you add those touches of gold

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous colouring, great technques and love the way the photo is still front and centre on the page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout, love all the details and tech. used .. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great save Lizzy....I'm impressed that you stuck with it and achieved such a stunning page :D

    ReplyDelete