Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Die Cuts Fun

Hi, Carol here today. This month I'm focusing on die cuts. I'm sure we all are hoarders of many different dies. I am and I can tell you 60% of the dies I bought, I have not used them before. So today I want to take out these dies and use them to make something useful.

I love reading books and I like to use planner. So I made some cute bookmarks and a holder for my clips. Some bookmarks you see here have dual function. They are bookmarks and also pockets for more tags and note cards.



For this onesie bookmark(from PTI onesie die set), I made a lace pocket for it from another die set (apron) and added some small cute ducks and bears die cuts. The ducks and bears can be used to embellish a simple card or my planner.  I cut 2 pieces of this onesie and only adhered scor tape on the top part. So it opens up to sandwich the page that I want to be bookmarked. 


For this PTI scissor keeper die, I stitched all sides together except for the top. So I created a pocket opening for note cards or smaller bookmarks or tags.


Here you can see how it looks after I take out the note cards from the scissor keeper die cut. The note cards are stamped and cut out with Unity stamp. I also created another jeans pocket bookmark cum pocket. The 2 mason jars die cuts are inserts I put into the jeans pocket. Love having dual functions bookmarks. Convenient when I read a book and wanted to take short notes. 


For this MFT cassette tape die cuts, I did them the same way as the onesie. The sentiments "Live Out Loud" are stamped with Maya Road Mix Tape stamp set. Love how cute they are. 


This is how it looks like as bookmarks for the onesie and cassette tape ones.


I also made a apple shaped card to store my paper clips in my planner. I noticed that these paperclips leave a mark on my planner. So it's best that I store them in this card. Can also clip small flower or other paper cutouts to use as embellishments. More storage use.

Hope you enjoy my sharing. And do join us for our June Mood Board challenge. Have fun.

Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments :

  1. So many wonderful uses for dies! Thanks Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu tienda de washi tape, scrapbooking, manualidades, craft, pegatinas, big shot, troqueladoras, sellos, tintas. Here are options for washi tape barato, washi tape comprar , comprar washi tape , washi tape , scrapbooking , material scrapbooking , material para manualidades , tienda scrapbooking , tiendas de manualidades and articulos de papeleria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Great idea and adding pockets ... clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I learned a lot in your blog site. Very informative..Find great deals on scrapbooking die cuts with us. We can make all kinds of scrapbooking cutting dies, with our jigsaw puzzle maker machine.Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete