Tuesday, February 10, 2015

You Brighten Up My Day - a tutorial by Carol

Hi, friends. Have you ever wondered what to do with a bunch of words/phrases/quotes stamps and numerous brands/types of inks?? Well, today I want to share how I combined all together?? 

"You Brighten Up My Day" Layout


I have many inkpads. And I'm sure all of you do!! You need not be afraid to combine all together in one layout or project. Even if the images doesn't come out as crisp, it's perfectly fine. Note: you might want to use a smooth cardstock instead of a textured one. 



Here I used Archival inkpads, Archival Brillance inkpads, Memento Luxe inkpads, StazOn inkpads, Versafine inkpads and Stampin' Up inkpads to stamp out the background details. It added an interesting and eye-catching background that attract you to the black and white photo. I also cut one side of the photo with a border die to make it more interesting.


As I wanted to create a very "light" and simple layout, I do not want to add bulk to it by using solid and 3D accents. So I added Pink Paislee "Hello Sunshine" ephemera ( the transparent tag and flowers and sun) instead. Love how it turn out. 

So do not be afraid to combine different inkpads and stamps as background. I hope you enjoy my sharing today. 



Do join us in our February Challenge. Love the yummy mood board. Have fun!

2 comments :