Sunday, May 10, 2015

Goodbye From Fiona - My last Tutorial for Off The Rails

Hello OTR peeps! Fiona here with you today for the last time :(

I have spent the last two years here at OTR helping out with admin, coordinating a team, creating moodboards and sketches and drumming up sponsorship for you guys ..... our amazing members! With out you all it would have not have been so cool!

But alas, everything must come to an end eventually and although I've absolutely LOVED my time here at OTR it is time for me to step down.

So for my final encore, I've made a card using this months Mood palette. The colours didn't excite me at first but once I got into it the project just flowed beautifully. Let me show you .......

I began with a piece of card stock I had added some water colour effect too a long time ago for something else and then never actually used it. the colours were perfect!


I stamped up a wood design background stamp and using some "Weathered Wood" Distress ink I stamped the background and then trimmed it to size. Then i edged it with the Distress Ink.


A little bit of preparation on some layering pieces. Some corrugated cardboard and an old book page before I begin to put it all together.



I then added some colour by spraying 13@rts chalk mist and Tattered Angels Chalk spray to coordinate with the colours on the palette.


Some more trimmings to create some layering. Material, cotton and some patterned paper. now it's all coming together!


I wanted to feature the dragonfly from the mood palette, so I printed it off on photo paper and cut it out to create my own embellishment.


Using florists wire that I coloured black using an alcohol ink marker, i twisted them to match the picture so they would look the same.


Finally I mounted the dragonfly with foam tape and glued the legs securely into place on the top of the card.


And here is the final piece.


Again thank you all so much for your support. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at OTR and I'm sure I'll see you all around the traps ....

Cheers
Fiona xx

1 comment :