Wednesday, September 23, 2015

You're One In A Million

Hi Guys! 
It's Mabel here again!

It's my turn to share with you a quick tutorial of how I made this simple mixed media card with few leftover supplies from my other scrap projects.

Firstly, prepare a card base and a patterned paper. I chose plain white card stock that was cut to 5.5 x 8.5 inches for a 'landscape' card and my patterned paper from Blue Fern Studios was cut to 5.25 x 4 inches. I used my Prima Marketing tool to distress the edges of my card front.


After prepping my card base and front, I applied Liquitex Resin Sand texture paste over a Prima Marketing Stencil and let it dry thoroughly.


It's colouring time! 
I simply used my Colourarte's twinkling H2Os in Mediterranean Blue, English Lavender and Pink Cloud to add colour to my card front. To use twinkling H2Os, you just have to spray some water into the little pots and let it sits for awhile. The long you 'activate' it, the more intense the colour will be. To see more of Colourarte's products, CLICK HERE!


Let everything dry and you can proceed to embellish your card!


This is the final look of my card.

I feel inspired by this YouTube video (CLICK HERE!) I saw that teaches us how to make flowers from scratch. So out of curiosity, I did it and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

I also added more mulberry flowers on top of that  handmade flowers to fill in the additional space (I made that flower too big, haha).

The dimensional embellishments are from Dear Lizzy's older collection and the feathers are from Kaisercraft's Bow and Arrow sticker sheet.


As a finishing touch, I gently applied some white gesso over the raised areas where the Liquitex Resin Sand are to create some highlights. 




That's all for this tutorial. 

Thanks for reading! :)

Do visit my blog by clicking on the image below to see more tutorials! :)




1 comment :