Friday, February 10, 2017

Working with Fabrics with Carol

Hi, everyone. Carol here today sharing my project using fabric scraps. I have a big bag of them, given to me by a friend who sews alot. I'm so blessed!! :)

"Live Colorfully"


So I made an art journal page with the fabric scraps. I prep the page first with clear gesso (or you can also use white gesso) then added white paint randomly across page. Adhere the fabric scraps with matt gel medium under and over them.  Applied a thin layer of watered down white gesso to tone down the brightness of the fabric scraps.


Adhere the Prima Julie Nutting girl and ephemeras w glossy accent (yup, I use it as glue) and journal my thoughts with sharpie pens.





Hope you like my project. If you don't have fabric scraps, you can also use your paper scraps. It's a great way to use them up. Mix the pieces around and you can create a fun and easy background.

Thanks for dropping by. Do join us in our February Moodboard challenge. Have fun.

1 comment :