Sunday, March 12, 2017

Tania's March tutorial - Mixed Media Art journal cover

Hi there!
Tania with you today to share with you a little tutorial on how I made the cover for my Dylusions Journal!


To start I added I added texture paste through my first stencil and randomly applied the pattern over the cover.


I repeated the above step using a second patterned stencil.


Next up I raided my trinket and wooden embellishment stash and found lots of yummy goodies.


I decided I wanted my design to go across the journal cover, so I got the glue and began sticking things down.


Next up I painted the whole cover with black gesso.


Once dry, the fun began.  I recently purchased some of these gorgeous Finnabair Acrylic Paint Opal Magic paints!!  Can I just say OMG these are just the best, you get a completely different effect when painted on either white or black backgrounds.....So I decided on black and just love the colour tones it produced :) :)


This is the journal once the paint had dried all finished with some close ups of the stunning colours!







Well that's all from me today!!
If you don't have any of these paints in your craft stash I highly recommend them, definitely a new product favourite of mine!!

Also don't forget we still have our gorgeous March Mood Board Challenge going.....
Until next time, thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting.

*** Tania ***

2 comments :