Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Card tutorial with Julie

Hello to all of our Off The Rails Scrapbooking friends.

Today I am sharing a card tutorial with you. I have made this card to send to my Mum with a letter inside because I know that she checks her letterbox each day and I think it would be nice for her to receive a surprise letter.

This is the card. Hope you are inspired to get your bits and pieces out and create along with me.


I have used a 6" x 6" card base in a pearlised cream. For my patterned papers I have chosen a Kaisercraft 6 1/2" paper pad and Collectables from the Secret Garden range. A couple of old flowers that I have layered on top of each other and secured with a brad, a beautiful lace motif that my Mother gave me and some diamanties.


I have cut a piece of patterned paper the same size as the card, distressed the edges, adding a small tare on the top edge. All of the papers used on this card have distressed edges that have then been inked with a black Versa Colour ink pad.
This was then attached to the front of the card base.


I then chose a self patterned piece of paper and cut it to 5 1/2" by 5 1/2", treated the edges and attached it centrally on the patterned paper using foam tape


The 3rd piece pf patterned paper was cut to 3 1/2" x 5 1/2", edges treated the same as the other papers and attached 1/2" in from the left hand edge of the second patterned paper


I found a little run of hearts in the collectables packet so I inked the edges of it and attached it along the edge of the patterned papers as shown here.


Using my hot glue gun I attached the pink flower and the lace motive to the card.


I also found an assortment of embellishments that I wanted to include on the card in the collectable pack. The blue arrow is attached using the hot glue gun also as I have stuck it on top of the flower and I wanted to ensure it was going to stay in place.


The blue ticket was attached to the sentiment using glue and then the sentiment was attached to the card using foam tape


I thought the flower needed a bit of greenery around it so I dug around in the collectables again and found the leaves and attached them  as shown.  The diamanties were also added at this stage.


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and I would love to see what you create using this as inspiration.

Thanks for coming by Off The Rails Scrapbooking today

Till next time
Hug
Julie





No comments :

Post a Comment